November 8, 2007

Slap My Ass and Call Me Sally

To say that I am not a morning person grossly underestimates how challenging the first light of day is for me. I am a good sleeper. Once I lay my wary head to rest, I slip into a deep and far away slumber that is rarely disturbed by little things like alarms, loud noises, shaking . . . you get the point. A well placed appendage will usually rouse me, but if you do manage to wake me, and don't have the appendage at the ready, my condolences to you, as I can be downright unpleasant.

I had the crazy early flight this morning. More than one person had doubts that I would be able to haul my arse out of bed to make it in time. I worked very late last night and had to clean up the digs (because I hate coming home from a trip to Casa de Chaos), do laundry and pack. Knowing that if I went to sleep, there would be no waking me, I took the trusty approach of staying up all night. My apartment hasn't been so clean in a very long time.

I am fortunate that I am one of those folks who can sleep on planes. Yet still, I'm about four hours short of rested.

After arriving and collecting my bag, I went to the auto rental desk to pick up my "mid size Taurus or similar" vehicle. The lovely Henrietta, who was helping me said, "Would a Mustang be OK?"

As I came to realize that I was being upgraded to a "sporty" car, I said, "Somehow, I'll muddle through with it."

Off I skipped to claim my shiny blue pony.

Generally speaking, Ford vehicles and I are in a fight. Dear Esmeralda has been an expensive lady to keep happy. Though when she's happy, she's swell enough. But as mentioned before, I will not be purchasing another Ford for myself.

The Mustang has a nice rumble under the hood. And it takes a mere tickling from the toe to her long skinny pedal on the right for her rumble to jump to a roar. Probably not the best thing for me to have in my sleep deficit state. Fun though.

4 comments:

Scout said...

Oh, but enjoy the ride in the shiny Mustang.

savannah said...

niceeeeeeee, i am so jealous, sugar!

Fresh Hell said...

Thanks Scout. I'm fired up to whip them ponies!

Savannah~ I'm constantly thinking of you here with all the southern colloquialisms flying around me. It's almost like you are with me.

Mrs. G. said...

Riding the blue shiny pony...oh the metaphors do abound. Have fun.