November 5, 2007

The Gentle Purr of a Barracuda

Confession: I once dated a boy on the merit of the sound of his voice. He was decent enough looking, tall, and an interesting guy, but his voice is what really sold me. He is also one of the boys who I deflowered. Yet another younger man situation. He was a tender 19 to my worldly 23 years of age. He also drove a black 1966 Barracuda, which I didn’t know when I fell for his voice. To say that the sound of a Barracuda engine rumbling is exciting is putting it gently.

Doesn’t it just make your heart skip a beat?

The late 1960’s is an era of muscle cars and hotrods that really speak to me. That is the bulk of my affections for the 60’s. Which will bring me to a confession for tomorrow (see how I am milking two posts out of this!).

10 comments:

savannah said...

well done, sugar! on so many levels! ;-)

Manuel said...

That is just so so beautiful. Sorry I mean sweet ride there....sports..[punches someone's arm]

Art said...

To hell with the guy, THAT is a cool car!

dive said...

Now I'm gonna be singing "Barracuda" all day, Fresh.
Sure is a sweet car.

Fresh Hell said...

Savannah~ I'm good like that.

Manuel~ You can't imagine how sweet, my friend. ;-)

Art~ In the end, I liked the car more than the boy. Is that wrong?

Dive~ Welcome to my world. I have that result every single time I think about the boy, or the car.

Mrs. G. said...

You bewitching little she devil you. I have a thing for muscle cars too...old mustangs get me all twitchy. See you tomorrow...I want to see how you milk this post.

Anonymous said...

"I once dated a boy on the merit of the sound of his voice.".........

Hun, If Sean Connery would read me the phone book I'd learn how to swallow. :))))

Full said...

That's a Valiant/cuda.
If it sounded nice it would have been the V8 rather than the slant 6 engine.
They brought out the new shape in '67 but that one looks V nice.

Sorry but I can't shift the image of you in your gold Princess Leia bikini and chains.

I'm off to put some ice on myself.

AliBlahBlah said...

I swear to God if I'm ever single again I'm getting a Ford Torino - when I used to drive that thing blokes would come sprinting across the parking lot to talk to me. I've no idea how I'll get it down those country lanes in North Yorkshire though....

Fresh Hell said...

Mrs. G~ Muscle cars . . . oh be still my beating heart.

Kate~ With the right voice behind it, the dullest of dull narration can turn my crank.

Full~ It did indeed have a V8 in it. I'm all atwitter just thinking about it. The '67 body is great, but I think this style looks fiercer . . . in a good way.

Chill out sugar britches! I am much better in ropes than in chains. Makes for better writhing.

Aliblahblah~ For a summer I had MM's 1972 Toyota Landcruiser while she was Nannying in Europe. I had guys pulling up to me on Hwy 101 and hitting on me. Boys cannot resist a girl with a burley ride . . . Perhaps they think we'd be a similar ride.