November 18, 2007

Chocolate To Make You Cry Out In The Night

There are three types of people in the world:

People who burn for chocolate, any chocolate
People who couldn’t be bothered with chocolate . . . at all
People who can only choke it down if it’s fine, divine chocolate fit only for royalty and humans of inhumanly superior virtue.

I fall into the latter category and tend toward the middle category.

As chocolate goes, I can take it or leave it, and usually leave it. Rarely, if ever do I crave it. When choosing a flavor of cake, I usually go straight for pie, fruit pie, NEVER CUSTARD OR PUDDING.

Ahh rhubarb, how do I love thee, let me count the ways . . .

I like my sweets to be a step above chocolate in their perfection.

So.

I have found the exception to the rule. Actually, my totally clever and beautiful sister found the exception to the rule. There is a chocolatier in Vermont who makes a chocolate bar that is so freaking good; I do not want to know a world without it. These awesome folks run Laughing Moon Chocolates. I don’t know anything of their products beyond their Chipotle & Cinnamon Dark Chocolate bar. Do yourself a favor and order one, no matter what the cost to ship it to the far corners of this blue planet. When it arrives, open a lovely Merlot, have a bit of both, and wait to be overtaken by a bliss that words are too ham-fisted to describe. Seriously, it rivals dirty, filthy, sex that leaves you gasping and moaning out loud in public with the memory of it the next day.

You are welcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a similar relationship with chocolate. I only ever really want it if I am cold or the chocolate is cold. The only time I have craved it was after a car accident - and would I put that down to the adrenalin rush? However when you're talking a filthy glass of red with a lump of chocolate....that's when i can do chocolate at room temperature.

dive said...

Yikes!
I checked their shipping costs.
It would be marginally cheaper for me to fly to the States and go pick up a bar in person than to have it delivered.
So they're definitely added to my list of things to do when I eventually get round to descending on you New England reprobates.

Scout said...

wow. After your very thorough description of this chocolate, I feel like my life would be incomplete without it. I fit into the craving category, but only if it's good stuff. I could never have milk chocolate again and not mind at all.

Andraste said...

Oh, I dunno...those Lindt truffle balls are pretty freakin' good.

But yeah, I don't go out of my way for chocolate. Wouldn't cross the street for it.

Caramel, toffee, and sour jelly bellies, though. Ambrosia.

Hey, was this the stuff you brought to Charlie's that time?

Leigh said...

I am not much of a chocolate eater, but I must say you make it sound almost inviting enough to pay $41 delievered for one chocolate bar.

Hope you are having a good day.

Fresh Hell said...

Laughy Kate~ bizarre craving you've got there, sista, but I like your style.

Dive~ sometimes you have to pay up to enjoy the finer things in life, no?

Scout~ if your affection for chocolate tends toward the dark (I like my chocolate like my men: dark and bitter or dark and spicy in this case . . . sorry, couldn't resist), you really must try this chocolate. It will blow your mind.

Andraste~ I'll bring some of this to the next blogger bacchanal. But be warned, it's habit forming.

As to the chocolate I brought to Charlie's, it is called "The Chocolate Traveler" (70% cacao)http://www.thechocolatetraveler.com I buy it at Trader Joe's. It's a great geek bribing tool. I work with a guy who is way smarter than me and I can lure him into bailing out my dumb ass on projects with just a few wedges. Perhaps I'm smarter than I give myself credit for . . .

Leigh~ Yikes! It's just criminal that it costs that much to ship to Canada. No wonder Dive was in shock after seeing the cost to get it to Jolly Old England.