December 30, 2006

Stealing From the Blogs of Others

I rifled this series of questions from Bitter Betty. A blog I thoroughly enjoy. So with that, enjoy!

1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Well for starters, I got tied up (see picture to the top right) and whipped and flogged and smacked around until my booty and thighs were covered in bruises for weeks. That was new...

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I’m pretty dead-set against the resolution thing. It’s like setting yourself up for failure, and furthermore, if you want to make changes in your life, just go forward with it. Don’t wait until the first of the year for it. Stupid!!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup. A couple. That’s the trouble with being a spinster in the late 30’s. Every freaking body is breeding like desperation has set in.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
In a way. The father of one of my best friends died. Which reminded me of what that feels like. Years take that away. And my first Hospice patient died on the same day. Which was a relief because he was badly sick, and needed to die.

5. What countries did you visit?
I passed through Idaho and West Texas, which I can tell you with every fiber of my being was a sojourn into something seriously foreign.

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
I’m going with lotsa sex and a sense of contentment. One breeds the other don’t you think?

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 11th. It really is the only day in the year that stood out to me. It was my birthday and I felt more-so small and alone than I had ever before.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
It seems so small but I cut off all my hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I've never been a short hair girl either so that took a little adjusting. I've never had to work so hard on my hair in my life. They say short hair is so damned easy... pftt! Not so much. Change is good.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I had big fancy ideas about tightening up the chassis on this old jalopy but it didn’t work out quite as effectively as I’d hoped. Never the less, I’ve still got it going on, my friends.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No sir-ma’am! I’m healthy like horse! I’ve had a couple bumps and bruises, but nothing I didn’t have coming.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought some Frye boots. Damn. There are boots, and then there are boots, and then there are Frye boots. The kind of boot that sorts out your swagger and gets your hips moving just right. Some things are just poetic that way.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My brother’s. He has been in the process of becoming a man and he went to war for my country. And when it became clear that this country doesn’t really deserve his efforts he conducted himself with more integrity and honor than I ever thought he was capable of. I’m even more proud of him than I was when he joined the army in wartime.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Generally speaking, the male management figures of the company I work for from the East Coast. On the West Coast the management seemed to be a little more enlightened and invested in developing staff.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Can we talk a little bit about debt? If you wonder where my money was going, I’d say it went to where it was previously spent.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Music music and more music. I fell back in love with music and the discovery of new bands that stir my soul. That and the Boston Bruins. They suck, but I love ‘em!

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Laura by Flogging Molly. If you haven’t heard it, I’d highly recommend it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder. I’ve not had quite enough change in this last year.
b) thinner or fatter? A little less fat and fuck you for asking!
c) richer or poorer? Relatively richer and that just means that my total debt load has gone down.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? A few things:
Yoga, running, knitting, writing, reading, making art and last but not least, shagging like my life depended on it.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Feeling sorry for myself. As if I didn’t know by now that I am in control of how I’m feeling! Sheesh!!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
That bridge is crossed, my friends. And I’m happy to report, that in spite of my atheistic tendencies, I thoroughly enjoyed it.'

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Not even close.

22. How many one-night stands?
One. For the record:
1) Don’t hump neighbors.
2) When neighbors are foreign, bear in mind that if they want to listen to Barry White, the are gunnin’ to hump.
3) Don’t freaking hump your neighbors.

23. What was your favorite TV program?
Can I tell you how insignificant TV programs are to me?!? But if I must put my finger on TV worth watching… I’ve got to say, “Rescue Me” is the best bit of TV I’ve ever seen. Followed closely by "Weeds". And I don't even touch the stuff!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
In case you were wondering, I’m a member of Generation X. Therefore, I couldn’t be bothered enough to have hate. Because, of course, I’m apathetic as the day is long.

25. What was the best book you read?
This wasn’t a particularly good year for reading books. I read plenty, but nothing really burned up my soul. There were just a few that didn’t suck.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
It’s a toss up. I discovered Flogging Molly. That I should have known about long before I abandoned the West Coast. Then there was Rodrigo y Gabriela. And if you have a lick of sense, you’d go get their album as fast as humanly possible and basque in the afterglow of their magnificence. The Eagles of Death Metal sear my soul.

Of honorable note is: Nada Surf, Dear Leader, Say Anything, Hank Williams III, Jeff Buckley, and Dinah Washington.

27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to see my best friend, and I got to drive across the country with her... two geologists on a road trip... Aw yeah.

28. What did you want and not get?
The gorgeous cowboy boots that are so extra fantastic and beautiful that I may just have to buy for myself tomorrow as an advanced birthday gift.

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I saw nothing that was worth mention.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to Harvard Square. I had lunch at Bertucci’s. I had hot chocolate and Luxembourg cookies and a piece of chocolate cake from LA Burdick chocolates. And that about wraps it up with the exception of the detail that I was alone for the whole of the day. It was kind of nice to spend the day alone and not have to play nicely with others. I turned 36 years old. That ship is about to sail once again.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Regular freaky sex.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
It started off with expressing how curvy my titties are. Then I realized that the fellas in my office were having a hard time keeping their eyes in their heads and it was too sad and pathetic to bear so it evolved to striking awe with the subtle yet stunning beauty of my facial features.

33. What kept you sane?
Tall presumption that I’m sane.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
It’s a toss up between Benecio del Toro and Matthew MacConaughey. They are equally totally fucking D-R-E-A-M-Y!!

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ummm… As previously mentioned… Generation X… Apathy is my name.

36. Who did you miss?
Ma, Pa. That’s about it.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Kristie Speck. She can shake her shimmy like nobody’s business!!! She's my belly dancing teacher and she's a bombshell to be reckoned with!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
I’m ready for everything.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
In my mouth there's a hurricane
Just let it out
~Hum by the Sheila Divine


And the story about killing my mother is still upcoming. Be patient and stay tuned.

No comments: